The D.R. Moon Memorial Public Library is seeking an organized and detailed-oriented person for a Substitute position. This is an on-call position with no guaranteed hours. Great for someone with a flexible schedule, such as a retired person, a homeschooled highschooler, or stay-at-home parent with children in school. Average of 12 hours per month. Pay set at $8/hr.
Duties include working the circulation desk, operating all computers, software, and equipment applicable to the library, processing library materials, assisting patrons, and keeping the library clean. Must be able to perform moderately heavy physical work and offer friendly customer service.
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled. Please submit your application to email@example.com, or drop the completed application in the front door book slot. Candidates submitting their application by 6:00 PM on Friday, May 27th, 2021 will be given first consideration. Find the application form here and see below for the full job description and requirements.
Job Description: Library Substitute
- Works at circulation desk checking items in and out, renew items, responds to inquiries and places requests for materials through the More Catalog and WISCAT.
- Operates all computers, and software applicable to the library. Includes use of the internet, the Sierra Program, word processing, and spreadsheet applications. Operates equipment such as copier/printer machine, fax machine, scanner, and DVD/CD cleaning machine. Assists patrons with use of any library equipment.
- Provides reference and readers advisory service to adult and juvenile customers.
- Assists in the preparation of bibliographies, fliers, and various library-finding aids.
- Supervise and discipline patrons according to library policies if necessary.
- Helps maintain the physical appearance and organization of the library. Re-shelve materials.
- Creates displays and creative ways to market library materials and resources to patrons.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of library spaces.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work: lifting and carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, bending, twisting, and reaching.
- Able to offer friendly customer service and ability to work with a diverse population.
- Detail oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
- Ability to understand library policies and procedures and apply them to library operations.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to promote a positive image of the library.
Ability to work flexible hours, and days
Experience working in libraries preferred but not required.